This article walks you through the journey of importing older emails from a previous email service provider into your FlockMail account. Currently, Domain admins can import email data into FlockMail from Email Control Panel.
At the moment, we do not support:
(We do hope to enhance the import feature to include those at a later point in time)
Recommended prerequisites to the actual import:
- Create the FlockMail email account(s).
- Change the DNS records to FlockMail. To see the DNS settings, click here.
- Check the existing storage quota used at the remote source mailbox and see if it is lesser than the FlockMail mailbox available quota. You might need to Upgrade your plan, Buy Additional storage, or delete unwanted emails at the remote source mailbox.
- Find out the IMAP server hostname and keep the source email address and password handy.
Once the prerequisites are met, we can proceed to the actual import process.
- Go to the Import email data tab.
- Click on the Import a mailbox button.
- You need to enter the following details in the Remote IMAP details modal:
- IMAP Host/IP Address (e.g., imap.hostinger.com)
- IMAP Port (e.g., 993)
- Source Server requires SSL (e.g, Yes)
- Source email (your existing email address e.g., email@example.com)
- Source Email Password (your email password)
- FlockMail Email (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alternate Email address to receive notifications.
- Once you enter the details, click on Begin Import.
That's it! Your email import gets queued up and processed subsequently.
|alert-success||While the migration process is on, you can process more email accounts to the import queue.|
Hope this article was helpful to you and if you still need any further assistance with the setup, drop us an email at email@example.com