If you prefer using FlockMail on your Gmail hosted with us, we’ll help you set it up right here!
Rather than managing multiple mailing addresses on different platforms, you can use the Gmail interface to send and receive emails using any email account you create with your domain.
By setting up your domain’s email address as a POP3 and SMTP account in your Gmail account, you can use Gmail as an email client (much like you would use Outlook, Mac Mail, or Thunderbird)
|alert-success||You can find the POP and IMAP configuration of FlockMail here|
Here are the simple steps that you have to follow.
1. Log into your Gmail Account.
2. Click on the Cog drop-down menu (in the upper-right) and select Settings.
3. Click the Accounts tab.
4. Next to Check mail from other accounts, click Add a mail account.
|alert-warning||A pop-up window will appear to continue the setup process. You will need to allow pop-ups in your browser settings if you do not see the pop-up window appear.|
1. Enter the email address you created for your domain and click Next.
2. Enter the POP3 settings for your domain’s FlockMail email address. Then click Add Account.
You will see a message stating " Your mail account has been added ".
3. To continue to set up SMTP in Gmail, select Yes and click Next Step.
|alert-success||If you do not want to send emails for your domain through Gmail, click the No button. You don’t need to follow the next steps|
4. Enter your Name, as you would like it to appear when sending emails from this account. Also, ensure that the checkbox for Treat as an alias is checked.
5. On the Send mail through your SMTP server page, fill in your SMTP FlockMail Server Username (full email address), and Email Password.
Then, click the Add Account button.
6. Now, Gmail will email a verification code to the email address you just added. You can either click the link in the email or copy/paste the code into the text box and click Verify.
Congratulations! You have now configured your FlockMail on your Gmail!
Now, you can check your mails on Gmail's inbox interface.