In this guide, we show you how to add your FlockMail email account with IMAP to the mail app on your iPhone:
If you need to set up your email account manually, make sure that you know the email settings for your account. If you don’t know them, you can contact us at email@example.com
Follow these quick & easy steps to get your Flock email at your convenience.
Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap Accounts & Passwords.
Tap Add account:
Tap Add account.
- Select "Other" as the account type.
Tap Add Mail Account:
- Tap Add Mail Account.
Enter your account details:
- Name: this will be visible as the sender. (Ex: Flock Test)
- Email: the address you want to add. (Ex. John@test123.com)
- Password: you use it to log in to Webmail.
- Description: a name for the account on your device. (Preferably Flock)
- Tap Next to continue.
- Tap IMAP as the account type.
|alert-success||You can find the POP and IMAP configuration of FlockMail here|
Tap Next to continue.
Enter your server settings:
Save the account:
- Disable syncing of Notes, if this is enabled. Tap Save.
Your FlockMail account is All set! Further steps are to ensure your email works accurately.
Tap the account you added:
- Tap the account you just added. You can recognize it by the description.
Tap your account again
Tap Advanced, at the bottom of your screen.
Check if the Mailbox behaviors are set correctly. These settings determine where your emails are saved.
You need to select the following folders on the server:
- Drafts mailbox: Drafts
- Sent mailbox: Sent
- Deleted mailbox: Trash
- Archive mailbox: Archive
|alert-warning||If the folder is not listed, log in to Webmail and place an email in the folder that is not available. Once done, try again.|
Your FlockMail account is now ready to be used on your iOS Mail app.
However, there could also be an issue where even after configuring Flockmail on your iOS Mail app, you might face the following error message while trying to send mail to a recipient
" Cannot Send Mail
Sender address was invalid "
You can simply overcome this issue by :
- Add the optional configurations which are -
- Your 'username' -(your Flockmail ID)
- Your 'Password' - (your Flockmail password)